Monday, October 26, 2009

A Stampin' Birthday

For my mother's 60th the girls went over to my Auntie Nancy's for dinner, drinks and cake....AND to make a couple fun cards. The cards were a little complicated for women drinking champagne, but I think we managed just fine. Nancy has a friend that does Stampin' Up and she taught us the cards. It was the first experience I've had with anyone from that company where I didn't feel pressured to buy anything.

I forgot my camera, so this is the only picture I got of the night. My sister and I with our beautiful rose cards. Hopefully my Aunt will send me the ones she took.
Here is a better picture of the rose card. It's embossed and then water colored using stamp ink. Did anyone else besides me ever emboss over their toaster?

Here is the second card we made. Much harder than the first, or I guess much more detailed. Our teacher had special stuff to line everything up correctly, but I have no patience so I just eyeballed it.

Here is what it looks like when you open the card. I'm thinking about making cards with my non-digi scrapbook stuff...so there may be many more in the future. Hopefully at some point I'll have the heart to give them away.

2 comments:

alisha said...

I love the cards! I really think we need to do that one day for a craft day! I would love to make some!

Roseytoes Designs said...

hey girl, just wanted to let you know that i added the link for the quick page with the word art, hope you enjoy it!! :)