Monday, November 09, 2009

Holiday Wreaths

Alisha and I were talking about starting a craft-a-long since we haven't been able to get together for a craft night in FOREVER. We thought about doing holiday wreaths in November so that they would be ready to be hung in December. She has already made a very cute Square Fall Wreath with her kids. Today I was looking at my daily blogs and found a tutorial for this fabric wreath.

Now I'm REALLY wanting to make one.

I'm also really liking these:

1. Pinup Wreath
2. Button Wreath
3. Present Wreath

I'm for sure doing the Pinup Wreath for this year. I always have trouble figuring out what to do with all my Christmas cards and this idea is perfect. Plus I don't think it will take to much time out of my gift making.

The fabric wreath I want to do for next Autumn as I know I won't get one done in time for this year and I already have a pretty Christmas wreath for my front door.

I also still want to do a monthly Craft-A-Long if anyone is interested!

3 comments:

alisha said...

I MUST make a fabric wreath! And eventually all the others as well. And we really do need to do the monthly craft-a-long!

Cassie J said...

Love the fabric wreath and the pin up wreath, what great ideas! I'm not sure what a craft-a-long is? But I like the sound of it :-)

~holly said...

SO IN! cassie, a craft-a-long is where we make a project together. someone is the "leader" and post a set of instructions periodically--could be weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, daily, or sporadically. here's the start of the one i did. http://ycmt.wordpress.com/2009/01/03/a-new-yearan-old-hobbya-new-quilt/