Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Opposites: Old and New

opposites button
Beth over at Beth V Photography is teaching a free photography class. It's full now, but you can still follow along and she'll be offering a PDF book of it when it's over next month. She has fantastic tips for those lucky enough to own an DSLR and some great tips for those of us using the manual options on our point and shoot.

I am SUPER behind. I'm seriously the QUEEN of procrastination.

Day 1: Old - Taken with my Olympus SP-500

Recently reorganized my craft hoard. While sifting though my mountains of supplies (should have taken a picture of that) I found a treasure I forgot I had. Almost 20 years ago my great-grandmother taught me how to knit and gave me a basket full of yarn, some knitting needles and these wonderful and unfinished embroidery projects.
On the right is a small table cloth and on the left a table runner. I'm going to try and match the colors and complete them. It would be wonderful to have something made by both myself and my great-grandmother.

Day 2: New - Taken with my Olympus SP-500

This picture is horrible. The lighting in our master bedroom is almost nonexistant. Plus getting a picture where the light didn't bounce back at me was near impossible, but I did it!! This picture is a mix of old and new.
My mother had the doll house made for me when I was 7 or 8. For years it sat in our shed and then last year my husband and I moved it into the garage until we were able to find the perfect stand for it. Now it has a place of honor in our bedroom. It has a lot of restoration to be done on it, but it's safe from the elements now!

3 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

you took some great photos. finishing your great grandma's project woudl be so neat. what a great story.

alisha said...

You have some real treasures there! Love them!

chris said...

That doll house is amazing. I have one at my mom's house...and she's moving and I have no place for it! I'm happy that you get to keep yours. :)