Monday, June 20, 2011

My Boys Monday: Painting for Daddy

I slacked this Father's Day and last Wednesday I went into a little bit of a panic on what to get the Hubby for his big day. So in desperation I left the house. I don't generally leave the house with both boys in tow. If I do, it's to go visit a friend or my Aunt's store...or my mother's...pretty much anywhere another adult will be. I need back up, cause I'm a wimp.


We ended up at Michael's and I found a couple canvas packs that were on sale. So I scooped them up and brought them home, along with the yellows and grays we want in the Master Bedroom. When we got home I put Munch to work.


We paint all the time. Usually on computer paper or blank cards. He liked painting on the canvas and had to use every single brush we own.
Here are his works of art.
Little Nox was a little different. This was his first time painting and neither he nor I really knew what to do. Munch was about a year and a half when he started painting and Nox is just nine months.


First we made sure the binkie was firmly in the mouth; no eating paint in this house! Then we made sure all bath supplies were near the newly cleaned kitchen sink; for easy clean up. Finally, I put the paint directly on the canvas and let Nox have at it.

I'm not sure how he felt about getting his hands dirty.
But, he did create some wonderful pieces.
I'm happy to report Daddy liked all four masterpieces and I survived a outing with the kids.

I hope all the men in your lives had a wonderful Father's Day!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

They did a great job!

Brandy@YDK said...

those are aweseome. love the yellow and gray

EvaForeva said...

I love their creations! I bet you are really proud of them :-)

alisha said...

Those are awesome! And what a sweet and smart idea! They'll look great hanging in your master bedroom!