Thursday, February 02, 2012

National Embroidery Month

Did you know that February is National Embroidery Month? Embroidery is something I've always enjoyed. It calms my over thinking brain and I'm usually pleased the the pretty colorful results.

I really want to expand my embroidery knowledge and maybe work on a sampler. However, I'm a tad lazy and don't REALLY feel like creating my own. I'm kinda loving this pattern by Polka and Bloom.
A couple weeks ago my hubby went by his grandmother's to pick up some stuff and brought home his grandmother's embroidery kit for me. It included a TON of thread, some great iron on sets and a few cross stitch patterns.

He also brought home some beautifully embroidered table runners with crocheted borders.
I LOVE that they are in pink and green, as those are the colors I eventually would love to do our dining room in.
Now, I'm going to find a fun embroidery project to complete this month.

1 comment:

Angie's Spot said...

Nice! I should probably honor this month by finally finishing a cross stitch project that I started for my wedding...16 years ago. Ahem. Good luck on your project!